Products of walnut
Pale and light brown half kernels [90% + 10% broken] (A+B)
Pale and light brown kernels, quarters, quavers and fragments from 3mm up (A+B)
Brown (Amber) kernels, quarters, quavers and fragments from 3mm up (A+B)
Pale kernels - tolerance range with respect to the weight enables max. 15% of kernels being darker than color A, out of these max. 1% being darker than color B.
Light amber - tolerance range with respect to the weight enables max. 15% of kernels being darker than color B, out of these max. 1% being darker than color C.
Amber - tolerance range with respect to the weight enables max. 10% of kernels being darker.
Walnut oil (Cold pressed)
Walnut flour deoiled (press cake)
Deoiled walnut flour is created while walnut oil is pressed. The left deoiled press cake is finely grounded to fine walnut flour. Not to be confused with grounded walnuts, which still contain their nature’s own oil.
Walnut flour is suitable for baking, e.g. bread or short pastry.
Attention: Nut flours miss the binding so we recommend to use a bit of guar gum.
The nut flours are produced with the screw press process. The advantage of this process is that after crushing the oleaginous fruit, the warming is irrespective of press-in operative and the temperature can be individualized for every oleaginous fruit. So the fat is easily resolved off the fruit and the water is removed. To safe the valuable natural ingredients like fatty acids and vitamins, the base material is dosed pressed. As a result, all fatty acids and vitamins in the oil are preserved carefully.
- Equalized 10 kg boxes, placed loosely with permeable paper
- Stacked on Europallets (480 kg/pallet)
- Starting from march every year in vacuum packing (2x5) kg bags out of either transparent or Aluminimum foil according to DIN 9001
- Vacuum packing 0.5 kg, 1 kg, 5 kg transparent bag
- Our employees bring daily the freshly harvested walnut kernels to our warehouse.Our motto: Only the freshly broken walnut tastes fresh enough.
- The first quality test happens right here by our specialist staff. Inter alia the moistness and colorization is carefully tested.
- Finally the kernels are professionally stored. After the drying time a second quality check is taking place.
- The individual steps are the following:
- Sorting the kernels mechanically by size, finally post-cleaning manually.
- Blowing off foreign bodies, sieving the powder, checking with a metal detector.
- During these steps samples are taken regularly which are used for aflatoxin content checks.
- For every delivery a sample will be kept in our company until the end of shelf life period.
- We are using packaging material and machines from widelz known producers like Bühler, Anton Fries and Vacumit.
- Walnut should be placed at a cool, dry, dark place, so the taste and nutrition content is retained longer. Because of the protecting thick shell these kernels can be kept for one year.
- Loose in 10kg boxes.
- Packaged on Euro-palettes (480 kg/palette)
- From each february vacuum packaged, either in transparent or alufoil according DIN 9001.